The nature and tranquillity of Ytterjärna is an inspirational resource and we encourage all visitors to take advantage of it.
Ekoleden takes you through the region’s stunning, pristine countryside. The 12km trail connects Järna with gardens, farms, forests and the Baltic Sea. With breaks, walking the full trail is typically a half-day excursion.
Kulturcentrum Järna Gardenpark: The 100 year-old grounds are a tranquil paradise filled with flowering and fruit trees, cultivated beds, and stunning ponds and rivers. Visitors may enjoy the sense of peace instilled from wandering through the natural splendour of Södermanland. Don’t miss a visit to the lovely little reed house by the waterside and the clearance ponds.
The Rose Garden at Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna is one of Sweden’s most beautiful attractions and is home to more than 100 varieties of Scandinavian roses.
James Turrell’s Skyspace is a meditative, inspiring installation that provides the opportunity for reflection and stillness. Beginning 30 minutes prior to sunset, and lasting between 60 and 90 minutes, visitors sitting in the Skyspace see the dazzling natural light and colour performance during the sky’s transition from day to dusk to night.
Awake to the susurrations and ambient sounds of the natural world at Ytterjärna’s new conference and design hotel. From single rooms to suites, guests choose the colours for which they have the most affinity – whether red or green or yellow or blue. Each day begins with an organic breakfast buffet made from local produce. Amenities include restaurant with organic wine list, cycle rental, gym and spa facilities as well as onsite access to beautiful nature trails.
Håknäs Vandrarhem/Hostel provides guests with simple, comfortable accommodation at a good price. With views of beautiful Järna Bay, the hostel is about a 20 minute walk from Kulturhuset I Ytterjärna. Each room is of a high standard, and most have Wi-Fi and TV. The hostel offers free parking for guests, and is equipped with satellite television and for self-catering.
- Dedicated disabled parking places
- Elevators suitable for wheelchairs
- Handrails on all stairs and ramps
- The top and bottom steps of the staircases are marked
- JFA is accessible for wheelchair bound spectators. To book wheelchair places, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Hearing loops are provided in the Hall.
- There are no thresholds between rooms.
- There’s an accessible toilet in the foyer
- Access to public phone
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna
- There is a ramp which leads to the outdoor dining area
- The readability of our website can be adjusted in your browser
There is space for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and walkers on row 1. Row 1 can be reached from the foyer, there are no thresholds and our entrance hosts will help you with the doors.
Chair-size: Between armrests: 49 cm, Cushion width: 52 cm
If you need help finding your seat in the hall, let our staff know at the front desk and they will personally guide you.
Animals and guide dogs
Animals are not allowed in Kulturhuset because of allergies and the café food policies.
Guide dogs are however welcome. If you want to visit us with the help of your guide dog, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know in advance so that we can announce this for allergic individuals.
Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna is situated 50km south of Stockholm, and may be reached by car or public transportation. For audience members arriving by train, the nearest train station is Södertälje Syd. JFA will arrange buses to Södertälje Syd after it’s main events.
Links to detailed travel information will be published here in the spring of 2019.
Being part of Järna Festival Academy family should be valuable and feel good. Therefore, we have created our exclusive Klubb-JFA.
Members of Klubb-JFA will be invited to exclusive events and receive unique offers. When you buy our festival pass you will automatically and without charge gain access to Klubb-JFA. The Festival Pass also gives you 10000 points as a welcome greeting.
Exclusive events with Klubb-JFA
- Pre-festival ‘Meet and Greet’ July 10 20.00 in Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna where you get the opportunity to meet the festival’s artistic leaders, enjoy music and a glass of sparkling wine. (ADMISSION FREE)
- During the festival, a barbecue dinner will be arranged where artists and festival staff will participate. Of course all members of Klubb-JFA are on the invitation list! (Cost: SEK 250,- detailed info will be announced in May)
- During Autumn 2019-Spring 2020, JFA will produce a series of four concerts with a varied programme. You are invited to our pre-season ‘Meet and Greet’ where you get a unique behind the scenes look into the programming and artistic work with the upcoming musical experiences at JFA. (ADMISSION FREE, detailed info will be announced in May)
Further activities for Klubb-JFA are planned.
Gather points with Klubb-JFA to claim a free festival pass 2020!
For all members of Klubb-JFA, we offer the opportunity to gather points for next year’s festival! This is how it works:
For each event within the framework of the Järna Festival Academy, both the festival in the summer of 2019 and the Autumn/Spring concert series and other events you visit, you will receive 1000 points. The 10 visitors who have accumulated the most points after the last concert in Spring 2020 will receive their Festival Passes for the festival 2020 for free!
Points are registered by presenting your festival pass to a representative of JFA directly following our concerts and events.
Invite a friend to a concert!
Being a member of Klubb-JFA means that you, once a year, get to invite a friend to one of the many JFA events, either at the festival or the Autumn/Spring concert series. Contact JFA on XXXXXXXXXXXX (or use your personal Discount Code on Nortic.se) to book the free ticket!
All Festival Pass are automatically invited to Klubb-JFA, non pass-holders pay the regular fare of SEK 500,-
Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna
Pl 1800, 153 91 Järna, Sweden