JFA STRINGS AND PIANO MASTERCLASSES
2-10 July 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE MAY 23 23:59 (UTC +1)
-Only open for Swedish Residents-
IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, we have had to make a last minute decision to only accept Swedish residents and/or people who will be staying in Sweden for at least ten days before the course start. We have already received a limitied number of applications from international students and will start a refund process immmediately. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
The Academy 2021 will take place 2-10 of July. Due to the pandemic there will be a shorter application round this year. The application will open 1st of may and the application deadline is 23rd of May.
The Academy at JFA consists of individual lessons, chamber music lessons, class lessons, masterclasses and concert opportunities for all participants.
Free accommodation and meals
€30 application fee, no additional course fee.
APPLICATION DEADLINE MAY 16
The Festival and masterclasses take place at Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna situated 50km south of Stockholm, Sweden.
- The course is open to students of all nationalities age 15+.
- Based on the submitted applications and recordings, a preselection will be made on who will be accepted as a student at the Järna Festival Academy 2021.
- Participating students are required to stay in Järna for the full course period during 2-10 July.
- Each student will receive 4 hours of individual lessons and at least 2 hours of chamber music coaching. Most lessons will be private but some will also be open to the public. All students are required to perform in concerts.
- Each chamber music group will perform one or two movements (8-15 minutes) from the standard repertoire.
- Lessons, food and accommodation is all covered by scholarships. Vegetarian meals made with locally produced ingredients are served daily at Ytterjärna Café, meat can be added to some of the meals for €50 for the full course.
- Travel expenses will be covered by the participants.
CANCELLED DUE TO THE PANDEMIC
This is where you apply to Järna Festival Academy 2021’s piano and strings masterclasses.
For questions regarding the academy, please write to:
APPLICATION STEP BY STEP:
- Record one or more videos of yourself performing two contrasting pieces (min. 10 minutes), smarthphone recordings are accepted. Publish the video on YouTube or VIMEO, it can be an unlisted clip but please don’t password-protect it.
- Make sure you have an up to date artistic biography (max 60 words) and summary of your previous studies
- Pay the €30 application fee using the ‘buy now’ button below. Transactions are handled through PayPal but you don’t need a PayPal account to do this. Then complete and submit the application form.
- Wait and cross your fingers that you will be admitted to Järna Festival Academy 2021. All applicants will be notified of the results on JUNE 1.
BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE FORM, MAKE SURE YOU:
- Fulfill the age requirement, you should be 15 years or older.
- Have uploaded one or more videos to YouTube or Vimeo and have access to the links.
- Have prepared an up to date artistic biography of maximum 100 words (for publication in the festival programme).
- Have prepared a detailed summary of your previous studies.
IMPORTANT: As a secondary option for those who can not use PayPal, we offer the possibility to use a direct bank transfer. We strongly prefer that you use PayPal when possible.
Recipient: JÄRNA FESTIVAL ACADEMY
IBAN: SE52 9500 0099 6042 0858 4054
Please take a screenshot of the approved transaction and e-mail us.
If you have any questions or require further details please email us at email@example.com