JFA STRINGS AND PIANO MASTERCLASSES
17-25 July 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE MARCH 31 23:59 (UTC +1)
The Academy at JFA consists of individual lessons, chamber music lessons, class lessons, masterclasses and concert opportunities for all participants.
Free accommodation and meals
€30 application fee, no additional course fee.
CORONA UPDATE – THE MASTERCLASSES ARE CURRENTLY GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED AND WE URGE ALL STUDENTS INTERESTED IN THE MASTERCLASSES TO APPLY BEFORE THE DEADLINE. WE ARE AWARE THAT MOST OF YOU WILL HAVE VERY LIMITED RECORDING POSSIBILITIES AND WILL KEEP THAT IN MIND DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS. IF THE FESTIVAL IS CANCELLED OR IF YOU ARE SELECTED AND NEED TO CANCEL YOUR PARTICIPATION DUE TO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN JULY THE APPLICATION FEE WILL BE REFUNDED.
APPLICATION DEADLINE MARCH 31
The Festival and masterclasses take place at Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna situated 50km south of Stockholm, Sweden.
- The course is open to students of all nationalities aged 15 or older.
- Students are selected based on the submitted applications and recordings.
- Participating students are required to stay in Järna for the full course period of 17-25 July 2020.
- Each student will receive 4 hours of individual lessons and at least 2 hours of chamber music coaching. Most lessons will be private but some will also be open to the public. All students will perform in public concerts.
- Each chamber music group will study and perform one or two movements (8-15 minutes) from the standard repertoire.
- All students will also participate in daily creative workshops.
- Lessons, food and accommodation will be covered by scholarships. Vegetarian meals made with fresh, locally produced ingredients are served daily. Meat can be added to some of the meals for €50 for the full period.
- Travel expenses will be covered by the participants.
Karin Haglund – Accompanist
Asuka Nakamura – Accompanist
INFO TBA SOON.
This is where you apply to Järna Festival Academy 2020’s piano and strings masterclasses.
For questions regarding the academy, please write to:
APPLICATION STEP BY STEP:
- Record one or more videos of yourself performing two contrasting pieces (min. 10 minutes), smarthphone recordings are accepted. Publish the video on YouTube or VIMEO, it can be an unlisted clip but please don’t password-protect it.
- Make sure you have an up to date artistic biography (max 60 words) and summary of your previous studies
- Pay the €30 application fee using the ‘buy now’ button below. Transactions are handled through PayPal but you don’t need a PayPal account to do this. Then complete and submit the application form.
- Wait and cross your fingers that you will be admitted to Järna Festival Academy 2020. All applicants will be notified of the results on MAY 1.
BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE FORM, MAKE SURE YOU:
- Fulfill the age requirement, you should be 15 years or older.
- Have uploaded one or more videos to YouTube or Vimeo and have access to the links.
- Have prepared an up to date artistic biography of maximum 100 words (for publication in the festival programme).
- Have prepared a detailed summary of your previous studies.
IMPORTANT: As a secondary option for those who can not use PayPal, we offer the possibility to use a direct bank transfer. We strongly prefer that you use PayPal when possible.
Recipient: JÄRNA FESTIVAL ACADEMY
IBAN: SE52 9500 0099 6042 0858 4054
Please take a screenshot of the approved transaction and e-mail us.
If you have any questions or require further details please email us at email@example.com