The Academy at JFA consists of individual lessons, chamber music lessons, class lessons, masterclasses and concert opportunities for all participants. €30 application fee, no additional course fee.
Academy dates 19-28 July 2019.
APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 15, 23:59 (UTC +1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 15
The Festival and masterclasses take place at Kulturhuset i Ytterjärna situated 50km south of Stockholm, Sweden.
- The course is open to students of all nationalities age 15+.
- Based on the submitted applications and recordings, a preselection will be made on who will be accepted as a student at the Järna Festival Academy 2019.
- Participating students are required to stay in Järna for the full course period during 19-28 July.
- Each student will receive 4 hours of individual lessons and at least 2 hours of chamber music coaching. Most lessons will be private but some will also be open to the public. All students are required to perform in concerts.
- Each chamber music group will perform one or two movements (8-15 minutes) from the standard repertoire.
- All students will also participate in daily creative workshops with legendary Canadian theatre artist Denise Clarke.
- Lessons, food and accommodation is all covered by scholarships. Vegetarian meals made with locally produced ingredients are served daily at Ytterjärna Café, meat can be added to some of the meals for €50 for the full course.
- Travel expenses will be covered by the participants.
Karin Haglund – Accompanist
Asuka Nakamura – Accompanist
Chamber music lessons will be held by the faculty and our visiting guest artists.
In addition to instrumental lessons, all students will participate in daily workshops with the legendary Canadian theatre artist Denise Clarke. The course is specifically designed for the Järna Festival Academy and aims to provide concrete tools for working with ones relationship to the stage and the creation process that occurs before entering it.
Each day starts with a 1,5h class lesson exploring personal practice, esthetic and theatrical perspectives. All students are asked to bring clothes that are comfortable to move in. The course culminates in a private performance of everyone’s individual mini pieces created during the week with your supportive fellow students as your audience.
A few years ago, I had the opportunity to take part in Denise’s workshops and to me the experience was a revelation of sorts.
I think that once you reach a certain point in your development, working with non instrumental aspects of performing on stage is not only relevant but necessary if you want to keep developing.
Denise Clarke has been an essential and highly inspirational part of my own ongoing investigations and it is a great pleasure to have her as an integral part of the Academy this year.
– Jakob Koranyi
This is where you apply to Järna Festival Academy 2019’s piano and strings masterclasses.
For questions regarding the academy, please write to:
APPLICATION STEP BY STEP:
- Record one or more videos of yourself performing two contrasting pieces (min. 10 minutes), smarthphone recordings are accepted. Publish the video on YouTube or VIMEO, it can be an unlisted clip but please don’t password-protect it.
- Make sure you have an up to date artistic biography (max 60 words) and summary of your previous studies
- Pay the €30 application fee using the ’buy now’ button below. Transactions are handled through PayPal but you don’t need a PayPal account to do this. Then complete and submit the application form.
- Wait and cross your fingers that you will be admitted to Järna Festival Academy 2019. All applicants will be notified of the results on MAY 1.
BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE FORM, MAKE SURE YOU:
- Fulfill the age requirement, you should be 15 years or older.
- Have uploaded one or more videos to YouTube or Vimeo and have access to the links.
- Have prepared an up to date artistic biography of maximum 100 words (for publication in the festival programme).
- Have prepared a detailed summary of your previous studies.
IMPORTANT: As a secondary option for those who can not use PayPal, we offer the possibility to use a direct bank transfer. We strongly prefer that you use PayPal when possible.
Recipient: JÄRNA FESTIVAL ACADEMY
IBAN: SE52 9500 0099 6042 0858 4054
Please take a screenshot of the approved transaction and e-mail us.
If you have any questions or require further details please email us at email@example.com